Jump to navigation Jump to search
Assuming Windows Server 2012 R2
How to get started with IIS?
- Server Manager > Add Roles and Features
- Server Roles = Web Server (IIS)
- Server Features - make sure .net framework and asp.net all installed.
Afterwards: http://localhost/ should work
Using Web Platform Installer?
- This will make installing things much easier.
- This makes deploying Visual Studio websites much easier
- Use Web Platform Installer (WPI) to install Web Deploy (for Hosting Servers)
- If its showing as installed already, go to Programs and Features and make sure all features of Web Deploy is enabled.
Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Server Name > Sites > (Default Web Site)
- Right Click > Deploy > Configure Web Deploy Publishing
- There should be a file to save.
How to deploy from Visual Studio
- Visual Studio: Web Application
- should be mvc
- Solution > Project > Right Click > Publish
- Import file from previous step.